Wow, I had a great quilting month! I finished two quilts - a double-sized T-shirt quilt (that I've already posted about), and a "somewhere between crib and twin"-sized quilt for my great nephew (pictures coming soon!).
I didn't get much practice in on Ann Fahl's tutorial. I thought I'd do some practice pieces this week, since I had finished the two projects that I had deadlines for. That didn't happen.
Luckily, on my quilts, I had used two of her suggested patterns. One small square with stars.
|stars and loops on the T-shirt quilt|
And the entire twin quilt with loop-de-loops.
|loop-de-loops on the crib/twin quilt|
The reason I didn't get any practice pieces done this week is because my machine decided it wanted to make bird's nests instead.
I don't know why this is happening. The machine worked fine quilting the twin/crib quilt. And it worked fine when I sewed the binding on it. But a day later I can't get it to work for anything. Maybe (hopefully!) it's telling me it wants to retire and it's time for me to get a new sewing machine. :) If it is, I'm going to need to find one soon so I don't miss out on April's FMQ Challenge.