Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Pens I Use, and more doodles!



This past Christmas I asked for some brush tip pens in shades of gray so I could experiment with shading.  And if I ever draw a blank (no pun intended) on what to draw, I can always refer back to my Pinterest board.

Because I've zoomed in on pictures trying to figure out what pens use, and haven't had much luck, I thought I'd share the ones that I'm currently using:

These two say they're the same size, but one is definitely thinner than the other.
Inc Magna Tank .05mm black
BIC 737R .05 black

.05 black pens
 

Pigma Micron 05 and 01 black (2014 Christmas gift!)
Pigma Brush black (great for filling in larger spaces)

Pigma pens


 Faber Castell PITT artist pens (another Christmas gift)
warm grey 272, 273, 274
cold grey 232, 233, 235

Faber Castell brush tip pens in several shades of gray

After fumbling around, trying to figure out which pen was which, I finally "labeled" them.  One stripe is light, two is medium, and three is dark.  The yellow is warm grey, and the pink is cool grey.  And I labeled the black brush tip with really wide black tape.  Now I can grab the one I want with no problem!

And now for a few doodles!

I call this one "Squares and Pipes."  I had seen a few tangles (short for zentangles in case you didn't know) that had started with the basic design of dividing the paper into squares.  I grabbed whatever I had on my desk that was a square or rectangle and traced them onto my paper and proceeded to fill them in.

squares and pipes

 I tried some new designs - the worn bricks, illusion of bumpy wires (how else would you describe it?) and pipes.  I love how a little shading makes things come alive!


This one is obviously "heart." I like how the swirls and seashell came out.  I'm never quite sure what I'm going to come up with.  I have a really hard time leaving white space.  Can you tell?  :)  This is my sister, Chris' favorite.

heart

And here's my last one for 2014.  It had a botanical theme.  The leaves in the upper right remind be of the elephant ears plant.  And I had to include dandelions.  They may be weeds, but I still like them (just not in my garden).

leaves 

That's all for now.  I may get caught up one of these days!  Probably shortly after I get all my UFO's done!

Kathy

Check out my Pinterest Boards

and doodling/zentangle Tons of ideas here, by much more talented people than me. 

Or see all my doodles in my Picasa album.

No comments:

Post a Comment